Grandpa had fun trying to make Ethan laugh and reading him books. Ethan knew a softy when we saw one and kept bringing Grandpa more and more books to read.
Thanksgiving
For the American Thanksgiving, we went to Rhonda and Daryl's. This meant that Aden had to share his toys with Ethan and Cole. When we first got there, he was so excited to show us all his things and kept bringing more and more things out for Ethan to play with. However, by the end of the weekend, he had changed his tune! Ethan thought Aden's trucks and trailers were the greatest, while Cole and Aden played (if you can call what 2 toddlers do together playing) mostly with the trains. All in all, for 3 toddlers being together for 4 days, they really did pretty well, but I think they were all happy when we left and everyone could have their house and their toys to themselves again!
On Friday, we took the Aden and Ethan to Choo Choo Bob's, a train store in St Paul (I think?) where they had fun playing with more Thomas the trains and watching the electronic train on the track. It was REALLY hard for those little fingers not to touch it as it went chugging by. When it was time to go, the boys were not ready to leave and we had a very tearful departure. We noticed that all the other parents in the store were also discussing how they were going to handle their exit strategy!
I'm not sure which of these boys (the big one or the little ones) was having more fun at the train store!
Bedtime, boys!
Saturday, after a long day of playing and fighting over toys, Ethan and Aden got ready for bed together. They had a bath together, read a book together and brushed their teeth together. After we'd done all that, I told Aden that I needed to put Ethan to bed and that he should go find his mom or dad to get his medicine (for the pink eye that fortunately he didn't share with Ethan!) As part of our nightly routine, I usually rock Ethan for a few minutes and sing him some songs. Well, I guess Aden figured they'd done everything else together that evening, he might as well get in on the rest of the nighttime ritual, so in he came and climbed up on the bed beside us. He snuggled in beside us for a few minutes and then hopped down and left the darkened room. I figured he'd had enough, but no, he came back ... with his blanket. A few more minutes past and he hopped down again. Once again, I figured he was tired of listening to Auntie Sue croaking. I was wrong. He came back with his "nookie." Two more times he repeated this, bringing back blanket number two and his favourite stuffed animal. I'm sure he would have brought the rest of the things on his bed if he'd had a chance, but his Daddy foiled his plans. For boys that couldn't share a single more toy together, I thought it was pretty cute that they still wanted to be together when it was time to go to bed!
1 comment:
Good shot of Dad with the picture frame & Tom & Ethan with the trains!
Post a Comment