Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Things that go "vroom"
Perhaps it is in all children, or just mine, but Ethan is in love with things that make noise and things with wheels. I have come to realize that vaccuming is a chore I will never get done in any reasonable time frame. If I do it when Ethan's sleeping, he'll wake up. If I do it when he's awake, he wants to "help." With help like this, I could have dinner made and on the table and we perhaps would have a 4 inch square of carpet vacuumed very, very well! Of course, we cannot leave the little munchkin alone with a hungry, gobbling, shoelace-loving machine like this, so I am reduced to trying to patiently allow him to move the vaccum back and forth at a painstaking pace. I try to remind myself that I am teaching him a valuable skill that will help me out in the future but, of course, by the time Ethan can be of some help, he'll likely have no interest in the vaccum cleaner anymore! Anyway, hopefully by that point he'll be able to reach the peddles on his front loader and won't need a "pusher" anymore! For the time being, I will hold to my motto of cleaning only when absolutely necessary. Anyone wondered why we never invite anyone over to our house?
PS The loader's not bad for a $5 garage sale purchase, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Woohoo!! $5?!? Worth every penny, and then some.
how do you find something like that for $5 at a garage sale???!?!?! i never have that great of luck.
Yeah, I wished I could have been at the right sale at the right time when my kids were little enough to enjoy a toy like this. I wish you were my mom!
Suzie, I don't think I have your e-mail address, so you probably didn't get this really important memo: we've (well, I) changed our blog address to exclude our last name. I thought you might want to update it in your links area. It's now www.3littlerascals.blogspot.com
Post a Comment