Friday, March 28, 2008

"Seet, Mum"

Ok, so I've been trying to check e-mails, blogs, etc after about a week of no time for the computer. It all started when Ethan and I came downstairs to check some laundry. Ethan saw all his fun toys down here and didn't want to go back upstairs. Since the playroom is currently dismantled and being used as a workshop, I wasn't going to let Ethan stay down here by himself (who knows what would be getting drilled into if I did!). So, I figured I'd just bip on over to the office next to the playroom and check things on the computer. Apparantly this was not ok with HRH (his royal highness). Along comes a disgruntled Ethan, takes my hand, and leads me over to the steps leading into the playroom. He points to the bottom step: "Seet." (Sit) "Mom, seet!" I barked, wagged my tail and sat. He went back to playing, confident that his besotted mother had nothing she'd rather do besides watch his every move. After a couple minutes, I snuck back into the office. Unfortunately, Ethan's radar was on. He homed in on his mother's waywardness within a second. Back to the steps. "Mom! Seet!."
Arf!

3 comments:

Thyme said...

Arf!! Good Mommy :) Your story made me laugh out loud.

sabrina said...

You are so funny, Susie! Chet can relate to Ethan's phobia about being alone in the basement. Not to discourage you, but Chet's even scared to shut the bathroom door (as you unfortunately witnesses here one day). The differnce is Ethan's 2 and Chet's 5 & 1/2. Let's hope Ethan's more independent that Chet by 5. :o)

Little Miss Nobody said...

Sabrina, I remember being scared of our basement at home for a long time, too. Even as a teenager, I'd scoot up the stairs quickly once the light was out ... so, maybe Chet's not doing so bad at 5 1/2. And, you know, that was pretty funny that day. Hope I didn't embarrass Chet, but it was a hoot!