Monday, January 5, 2009

Making the best of winter











Ok, a few days ago, I blogged a big post to go along with these pictures, but wouldn't you know it ... the internet connection died in the middle of it and I lost it all. So, I'm not really feeling like trying to write it again. You'll have to accept the abridged version! Katrina and Carter were really nice and invited us to sled over at their hill a few weeks ago. Even nicer, was that she was willing to take Ethan down on the hill on her torpedo sled (the "boat" as Ethan calls it) and dodge their enthusiastic dog, Shadoe, the whole way down! I got the much easier job of pulling Carter (who was not so enthusiastic about being outside in the cold) around in the baby sled. Doesn't he just look thrilled in these pictures? Ethan has decided that he loves to be outside this winter, now that we've finally found a pair of mittens that he'll keep on his hands. He can get very busy helping us shovel the snow (one little 1 cup measure at a time!) I think maybe we ought to buy him a kiddie shovel ... but then I might have to spend more time outside in the cold (I am not a winter person to say the least!) I could definitely just hybernate for the winter and be perfectly happy with that! Oh, well, i'm am so glad for central heating! :-)

No comments: