I was pleased and amused when he took the initiative and made a Kaitlyn all on his own (see above picture). It's hard to make out, but the 2 rocks are the eyes the stick the arms, etc. He had her laying down, probably more realistic than the standing version I made of her beside our other snowmen above. I have to say, making snowpeople is very therapuetic ... I recommend it:-) It's also a lot more fun than just standing around outside in freezing weather waiting for your kid to be done driving his tricycle up and down the driveway.
So, maybe he really does like his sister?
Jane and Elisa joined us for lunch one day ... so nice to have them!
I find it a little disconcerting when my son insists on wearing his sunglasses 24/7, including at mealtimes. It's a little eerie not knowing what he's looking at and what he's thinking ... he's not even 3 years old yet! The rest of the story is that he is total Thomas the Train fan. He is wearing his Thomas pajamas (incidentally the ONLY PJ's he'll wear without a huge scene and ones which you have to pry off his body in the morning when it's time to get dressed), his Thomas slippers (a present from cousin Cole -- now too small, but which Ethan still insists on wearing), and, yes, the sunglasses are Thomas sunglasses as well. Perhaps you noticed the engine sitting beside the cereal box? Yes, Thomas the tank engine, of course. I'm really not sure when he turned into such a fan, but somewhere along the way, my son got an obsession ... there are worse things to be obessed about, I guess.Kaitlyn wrapped up in her sheep towel, fresh from the baaath.
My sister and her family came to visit in Feb, too. It was actually just supposed to be my sister and her two boys coming, but my brother-in-law surprised her by coming down with his boss partway on Saturday and renting a car to come the rest of the way. My sister was thrilled ... what a great Valentine's Day present!
4 comments:
Give it a month or two and you will learn how to type like I am holding the little one in your arms while she sleeps!! Yeah, I too am totally amazed at how much other people get done with having more than two kids. Anyway yeah for your snow people! They look great! See you soon! meghan
haha I love the sunglasses!! You have one cool dude. :) I remember the days of when one kid is asleep the other is awake. It does get easier though! Now my kids take their naps at the same time, which is super nice. Not that I get much more done....but at least I get a little "me" time. Although most of my "me" time seems to go to doing household chores.....hmmmm
How is Kaitlyn doing? Are you trying dairy free?
my kids are 4 and 6 so I have plenty of time to post. When they were babies there was no such thing as blogs...back in the old'n days. (hehe)
You managed to post quite a few since the last time I checked. Love your posts and pictures! Looks like you've managed to enjoy more of the snow days than I have. You are a great mom!
p.s. Thanks for stopping by the other day! Always a pleasure to see and visit with you.
Post a Comment