Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Sorry, I forgot to take my memory pills today!
We went shopping today. Grocery shopping. It went rather well, considering both kids were along and it was nap time (not that Ethan naps anymore)! We got a big cart full of groceries. I love that they have driveup service so you don't have to take your cart out. I still had to cart out my two kids though. The car was hot ... I'd forgotten what that was like. It was 75 degrees or so. Ethan whined about that. Kaitlyn cried about having to go back in her carseat. Eventually i got both kids in and away we went. Halfway through town I was thinking about the new books I'd gotten for Ethan at the store. Books ... wait, where are they? For that matter, where are my groceries? We took the next street and hurried back to the store. The man was still (impatiently) waiting for me at the drive up area. Kaitlyn was still wailing. The man was not impressed, nor did he appear sympathetic to my plight or my absentmindedness. I swear that my children have made me lose my mind. In fact, the other day, I left work at the end of the day and, partway home, realized that I'd forgotten the milk I'd pumped that day back in the fridge at work! So, back I went. Wouldn't you know it, I couldn't get the alarm to accept the code! The police showed up in full force looking for the criminal. I sheepishly admitted it was me. The police, at least, didn't grunt. Just took off looking for more ferocious criminals. What will be next? I hope i don't forget my children!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm sorry I'm laughing. But because it sounds like something I've probably done...but I can't remember!!!!
LOL!! ah, motherhood!
Well, if you ever forget your children, I promise to keep them safe! : ) At least if you forget them here! That is too funny! I would totally do the same thing at Hy-vee, that's why I alway turn down the offer!
at least you got into the RIGHT car.....I came out of Hyvee once and got into someone else's JEEP (it was even the wrong color)- didn't realize until my keys wouldn't work in the ignition. it was soooo embarassing to get out - but noone saw me that knew (thank goodness). thanks for the laughs!
i am laughing sooo hard but only becuz i have been there and done that...too many times..by the way, you did well on sunday!!! :)
I have many, many stories I could share of my absentmindedness as a mom. Some of which I shudder to think of how just a split second more could have been tragic. Be glad it was just the groceries.
Post a Comment