
Here's the latest on the new house. It's really coming along ... I'm finally getting excited! It seems like it takes so long before it looks like you envisioned. The decisions still seem endless and, unfortunately, I always second guess myself. I wish I had the talent to put things together well. My decorating and colour coordination skills are limited ... and my hubby won't spring for a decorator ... soooo.... here we are, hoping we get it right! We are trying to decide on light fixtures, trim options, faucets and bathroom vanities right now. Sometimes I feel like this house is consuming our lives. It's pretty much all Tom and I talk about these days. I think the kids are getting tired of being drug (dragged ?) through stores like Menards! Fortunately, they sometimes have the cool car cart at Menards, which can give us an extra 15 minutes of shopping time. If we have cheerios along and Ethan is feeling cooperative enough to feed them to Kaitlyn, we can have another 10 minutes to look around. We are learning a few tricks along the way! The "old" house is still for sale. We've had 3 offers and are currently negotiating on the latest offer. We may end up having to move out sooner than we were expecting if this one strikes a deal. Moving twice is not my idea of fun, but we also don't want to be stuck with 2 houses. So, we'll see how it goes! I am so silly, though, because I love the thought of our new house and all the nice things that will go along with it, but there's a little part of me that hates to let go of this house. I usually have a hard time with change. When the For Sale sign went up, I actually cried. Riduculous, isn't it? I do love where we live, though, it's going to be sad to give up our great neighbours, neighbourhood and view. Sigh~ we just can't have it all, can we?
Anyway, that's the latest! Stay tuned for further developments!
6 comments:
Your new house is so exciting! If only you could move it to Miner Valley...sigh!
Please feel free to drop the kids off when you make a Menard's run. Carter would be thrilled. Btw, Jackson said he stared down the kid in the cool car cart last Saturday. They definitely need more than one. :)
yes, it does seem to take forever to build and house and yes it does take over your life. When we built our current house, we had to move into a duplex while waiting for this house to finish. needless to say, i unpacked the bare minimum while at the duplex.
Very nice house! Thanks for posting the picture! You will love your new house even more once you're all moved in an settled. I'm sure everything feels overwhelming right now-with all the decisions to make! I do understand about not wanting to leave/move out of a house tho-I had a major lump in my throat when we moved from our old house. Good thing I had to drive away from there separately because there may have been a tear or two. At the time I chalked it up to pregnancy hormones (but I really knew better). =)
Nice! Looks exciting :)
Wow! The house looks awesome! I'm jealous!!! You'll be in it in no time!
Ditto to what Christina said. I'm jealous because you'll be in it in no time. Patience is not one of my virtues. Your house does look great. I drive by it once in a while to check on the progress. And your current house will have no trouble selling. It's a great location and everything's updated!
Post a Comment