Wally
Do you think it would be possible to potty train Wally? Because I'm thinking it might be easier than potty training Ethan! He is almost 4 years old and still won't go #2 in the potty! It is so frustrating! He also has a bladder of steel, which he tests to the limits regularly, because he won't go pee on the potty without you telling him to go and sometimes coercing him to! He is fully capable of this, but he just won't on his own accord! I'm not sure if it's just become a power struggle or what, but I don't know what to do anymore! As for the dirty underwear business ... I'm getting really good at cleaning them out -- not a skill I had planned to acquire. Sigh. I keep thinking that maybe Kaitlyn will be potty trained before Ethan is! We finally had to return the potty ring we had borrowed from his cousin, Cole, because now Cole's little sister, Mihiret (who is going to be 2 in May) is showing interest in potty training. I thought maybe that news might make Ethan want to be a big kid, but no luck! I'm feeling defeated ... I can't even handle potty training, what's going to happen when he's a teenager? Arggh!
So there you have it. On one hand we have the sweet boy who gives me hugs and tells me he loves me and loves to be with me all the time -- hard to resist that -- on the other we have the stubborn kid who is driving his mother nuts! Future posts will be from the looney bin!
4 comments:
so cute about Wally!! :)
my daycare mom had her son clean out his poopy underwear himself and then he had to clean himself up in the shower. granted, that only lasted a little while before he started to enjoy the showers but it may be a starting point.
I think it's sweet when kids have imaginary friends!
Potty training...hmmm. No advice, really, because I've learned that it's every mom for herself. I'd love to help, don't misunderstand! It's just that it seems like what works for one doesn't work for another, which is really not fair...
Hang in there! He'll get it. Eventually. Sounds like it is a power struggle, or else he's just to busy to take time out.
Loved this post...and i been there done that ..regarding the potty thing...and i am sure he thinks it a waste of his time to stop and attend to such things. good luck.
about your comment on my blog...you are not a boring mom! and you were with us at 1/2 the events we went to in march also! =)
Post a Comment