Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Big Move

We have finally moved to the new house. While packing up at the old house, there got to be less and less toys around for the kids to play with , but they didn't seem to mind too much because they had so many boxes to play with instead! They do make great toys! Ethan was turning them into loaders, trains, etc. and Kaitlyn was just trying to climb in and out of them all day long. Packing was a bit of a challenge at times, but fortunately Ethan rediscovered a building toy (below) that I had packed away in the back of a cupboard. I think there may be a little engineer in him like his Daddy! As for Kaitlyn? She got a lot of snacks!We were really thankful for great friends that helped with the move, watched the kids while we were packing and moving, and brought food! We were also really greatful for Tom's parents, who came down to help us 2 weekends in a row to pack, move things and watch kids.
My Mom and Dad were kind enough to come for a couple weeks after we moved into the new house and help unpack, clean, and entertain the kids so I could try to organize things. Mom and Dad got their fill of playing trains with Ethan, I think. They also spoiled him to that he thinks I need to play with him all the time! As well as entertaining the grandkids, Dad also got some jobs around the house like putting up toilet paper holders, etc. Thanks Mom and Dad for your help!

First night in the new house:
Not the most successful night we ever had! Kaitlyn fell down the steps while I was trying to put a gate up at the top of the steps. She got a huge goose egg on her head and a big gash. During the night, Ethan got sick and threw up on his bed, but fortunately we managed to save the carpet! The house has officially been initiated. First night in his new bed.

Kaitlyn helping Tom celebrate the first birthday at the new house :-)

Thanks everyone that helped! We couldn't have done it without you!

4 comments:

Neisha said...

it's nice to have help in the move!

Shannon said...

we love k'nex too! the toilet picture is priceless. congrats on the new home!

meghan said...

We can't wait to come see everything tomorrow!! See in the AM!!

sabrina said...

Your house looks fabulous! I will have to come over for a tour sometime.