Thursday, April 22, 2010

A week of family and friends!

A couple weeks ago, my sister and her family came to visit. Since they only make it to see us about once/year, it's always fun and too short :-( The boys had a lot of fun together ... although I can see the disadvantage of 3 ... someone was always left out. Ethan's older cousins enlightened him about many things ... Ethan keeps telling me everytime he goes to the bathroom, "Evan calls this a pee fountain!!!" and laughs outrageously. Ethan is catching onto the disgusting boy habit of thinking that anything that involves talking about pee, poop, puke or belching is hilarious. Thank you very much my darling nephews. Kaitlyn spent most of the time scowling at Uncle Brad as he tried to win her over. I kept having to tell him that she really is normally a smiley kid, but I'm not sure he believed me. She's at that stage where she doesn't like people she doesn't know well.

After they left, we got to have 2 of the workers, Jane and Charlene, stay with us for a couple days and the rest of the week I was also watching 2 of Ethan's friends from daycare, Savanah and Jaevon, while Meghan was away for the week. It was fun having them here, but I figured out that the kids are smarter than I am. I couldn't do daycare, I have concluded, unless I got a lot more organized!! Ethan would have to learn to share a lot better than he does now, too! I think it was very good for him. Unfortunately, he ended up getting sick with a bad ear infection and fever while they were here, so that definitely didn't help his amiability any! They did give me a lot of laughs, though. They are very cute kids. Evan and Ethan becoming buddies.
This was the closest and mostly pleasant that Kaitlyn got with Brad the whole time.

Evan enjoying the loot!


Ethan would never say no to chocolate!

Brody always looks so earnest about everything he does, even systematically eating the bunny apart!
Rose, Brad and Evan enjoying sitting around our first fire in our wood fireplace!

What happened to your hair, Dad?? You look a lot like me!

Kaitlyn giving Rose the scenic tour on a walk.

Flowers for you, Mom!

We had to explore around the old school house, now the town hall.

Ethan and Savanah goofing off for me :-)

1 comment:

sabrina said...

THanks for sharing your pictures. I was not aware that Brad and Rose were here for a visit. Looks like you had a good time.