Friday, October 1, 2010

The Latest in the Life of the Ethanosaurus Rex

So much is changing with Ethan. He has started preschool 2 mornings a week and all of a sudden it seems like he's growing up too fast! I can't even imagine how lonely it'll be when he goes to kindergarten next year. He seems like he's getting moodier, too. Don't know if it's just all the changes or what, but there's definitely some "attitude" developing here. Not sure what to do about that one.
The picture pretty much says it for me ... STOP growing up so fast!

Another new thing? The dinosaur phase. I remember going through it myself at one point, although I think I was older. We went to a science museum a few weeks ago and he got to see the dinosaur bones and has been talking about them ever since. He's been telling everyone about the dinosaur with "80 percent bone", although he has no idea what it means. Today, we have a stagasaurus crawling around our house. Tomorrow, it may be a triceratops. Tom tried to convince him to eat some lettuce yesterday because Ethan was supposedly being an herbivore, but I guess the role playing ended there. He decided that he was a carnivore instead and that we were eating dinosaur lasagne. Ethan informed me that he needs to grow big teeth, too, so he can eat other dinosaurs. I'm going to hide. Ethan loves this new raincoat he got from his cousins because he can pretend to be a dinosaur in it. It is pretty cute, I have to say (even if I think it's really supposed to be a dragon ... shhh, don't spoil his fun.)What else? Oh, I have finally gotten my kids back to entertaining themselves somewhat again, after being completely spoiled while Grandma Lynda and Grandpa Allan came to visit. I now owe my dad some chiropractor visists after enduring hours on the floor playing trains with Ethan and putting together this bargain $3 garage sale purchase (a Bob the Builder playset) we found while they were here.
Guess who has matching shirts? Grandma Lynda was excited about this ... oh, and Ethan, too ;-)
Well, enough boring you about my kid. Next time I'll bore you about Kaitlyn ... you realize that I don't really have a life outside of my kids, right?

2 comments:

Neisha said...

cute dinosaur! :)

meghan said...

Love the roll over effect of the dinosaur phase....we have all enjoyed his new "vast" dinosaur knowledge and have to watch out when all five become dinosaurs! I hide on the stairs!!!!