I'm 14 days late, but I'll post it anyway! Happy birthday to my sweet and sassy little girl! Kaitlyn -- you are a little ray of sunshine, you really are. You make me laugh everyday! I love your silliness, your belly laughs, your impishness, and your snuggles. I love it that you are a neat freak, just like me ... it makes me laugh when you go around behind people closing drawers and doors, picking up all the little things off the floor, insisting that the lids be put back on things immediately, and demanding that your dad put the hangers back up in your closet when he gets you dressed. I know I shouldn't laugh when you do it, but I even love to watch you instigate trouble with your brother. It's obvious from the gleam of mischief in your eyes that bugging your brother will be one of your favourite pasttimes for many years to come. I love it that you love your "night nights" and that you can't help but suck your thumb whenever you come across a knitted blanket ... or hat or sweater or anything else soft with holes. I love it that even though you never liked to snuggle much as a baby, that you've allowed me that privelege a little more as you've grown. I really don't want to lose that closeness with you. I love it that you show such concern for everybody's "owies" and that my kiss is still enough to fix yours. I love it that I know you understand so much more than you're able to say, but that you speak volumes with those big, blue eyes. I'm sorry you have hardly any hair for my sake (because I think of how cute you'll look when you enough for us to put it in pigtails), but I'm not sorry for your sake (because I know how much you hate me messing with your hair). I love you to the moon and back, my sweet and sassy Kaitlyn Olivia.

If you can eat the cake, why not the candles? They look tasty, too!
And party #2 -- she loved it all!
And her present this year? Yep, that'd be the pony.
She really gets into it. I had a hard time knowing whether to run for the camera or for her when I caught her balancing herself on her feet on the saddle of the pony and attempting to let go of the handles. I was mother enough to catch her instead of documenting it ... but I am fairly sure it's not going to be the last time!
Kaitlyn, may you have as much joy in your life as you bring to others! I love you!
3 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday to Kaitlyn!
so sweet!!!!
And we love her (& you) too! Happy belated birthday Kaitlyn!
Post a Comment