Ethan -- I love your dimple :-) I was realizing this week just how blessed I am to have a sweet boy like you. You have your moments, of course, but you are such a great kid. I love to watch you as you figure things out, concentrate on your legos or drawing, create your own little world and also grow into a person of your own. You are starting to give me clues that you need me to back off a little and give you more independence. Sometimes this is hard for me to do. You're still my little boy.
Kaitlyn -- you're so full of life! Although it's exhausting, I love your spunk! Sorry, I think you got your temper from me. And stubborness? Well, that comes pretty strong on both sides! But when you give me your special smile and snuggle in close to me you know you can undo all your wrongs. Tonight as you cried for me to come and snuggle with you when you should have been in bed, I knew I should make you go to bed on your own, because in the long run it's better. But, it also made me love you even more that you just wanted the person you love close to you. I feel the same way. I don't want to spoil you, but it's hard to push away someone you love.
This is a picture that Ethan drew of the family where he and Kaitlyn went for daycare for the last 3 yrs when I was working. I love his cute drawings! And how things look through a 5 yr old's eyes.
1 comment:
I'm sorry, did you just refer to yourself as having a temper? I'm not sure a super secret hidden temper that nobody knows about really counts...
Post a Comment