Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dad's visit in Sept

This is old news now, but just thought I'd include some pictures of when my Dad came to visit in Sept. Originally my Mom and Dad were both planning to come, but then my Grandma ended up in the hospital, so they cancelled their plans. My Dad surprised me, though, by showing up at convention unexpectedly. He said he didn't think they both needed to stay home, so he came by himself. We had a great convention and then he came to visit for the week. One of the days he was here, we rented some bikes and biked along the root river bike train. He hadn't been on a bike for about 30 years, he said, but he had me beat! He pulled Ethan's bike trailer most of the way, while I was busy dying. I'm sooo out of shape! I suppose the extra baby weight doesn't help, but that would be ok if I was a regular exerciser. But, I hate to exercise! It's got to be doing something fun to get me going. I have to say, though, that I did enjoy the bike trip. We had to stop at the Aroma Pie shop afterwards, but were disappointed to discover that they were closed during the week after labour day. So, we settled for Ice Cream at the Creamery. Ethan got spoiled by Grandpa and he has been talking about him every since. Actually, something that I think is really cute is when Ethan is playing in the bathtub, he has two airline pilot toys that he says are "little Mom" and "little Dad." He also has a bunch of little whale toys, one of which he labeled "Ethan" a long time ago. He likes to set them all up on the side of the tub and play with them. After Grandpa Allan's visit, another whale toy joined the lineup and became "Grandpa." Just thought you might want to know that you're still remembered, Dad!




2 comments:

Neisha said...

I'm glad to know that there's someone else out there who hates to exercise. I hate it too!

meghan said...

What a beautiful day for a bike ride. The trail looks amazing. Maybe I can convince my husband to go for a bike ride next summer when it is warm again!! Sounds like you had fun with your dad!