I'm way behind putting pictures up from all that's been going on in the last couple months! We had a great September here. The weather was beautiful and we had lots of sunshine. The only sad part was that Tom's Grandma Eunice passed away at the beginning of September. Although we knew she was getting worse health-wise, it still is hard to let someone go. It still feels like there's an empty spot there. Ethan doesn't really understand death yet and it was hard to explain why Great Grandma was laying in a casket. Mostly he was just scared of her. It's sad to think that he'll never remember her nor will she ever meet our new baby. But, I guess death is part of life, and we are so glad that she was ready for death and eternity. The things of this life didn't mean much to her anymore. We are so grateful for the faithful life she lived and the good example she left for all of us.
Ethan doesn't have a kiddy pool, so I tried to make one out of the lid to his sandbox ... it was kind of ok, but rather tippy! He had fun anyway!
Still working on the potty training. Funny that even at 2 1/2 he can already be entertained by Archie comics while doing his business!
This is Carter, our friends' little guy that we've had fun playing with once a week! He's such a cutie and a very good baby!
The kids eating out after Great-Grandma's funeral.
Tom has finally found someone who enjoys looking at his Model Railroader magazines as much as he does! "What's dat thing, Daddy?" "what's DAT thing?"
Eating pretzels ... oh, so good!
3 comments:
And you think YOU are behind on updates? Love all the pictures you put up. It's the most I've seen of Ethan since I quit looking after him since the start of school. I especially like the one of him with his daddy. I can just hear him, "What's dat thing?" Maybe one of these days I'll update my blog, but it's so much more fun to check everyone elses. . . . . :o)
my kids love Archie comics. I lucked out this summer and bought a big shoe box full of them. cute to see Ethan reading on the pot. I have one who will sit in there for 20 minutes or more reading books. that's something we are trying to stop
in the picture of ethan and tom looking at the magazine, it looks like tom is more excited about it! cute!
Post a Comment