Monday, January 3, 2011

A few of my favourite things from December

Sing to the tune of "These are a few of my Favorite Things." from the Sound of Music:

Children curled up with their book-reading Auntie;


Sharp-thinking minds over puzzling jigsaws; Time spent with Rose-Pose, she likes Ethan's hugs;

These are a few of my favourite things.

Boys with their legos, they think they're so cool;
Snow-sledding children, and fun-loving Grandmas;Cackling people, they make us all laugh; These are a few of my favourite things.

Annual line-ups in front of old curtains; Piano-playing cousins, it's like deja-vu; Cousins still friends after years far apart;

These are a few of my favourite things.
Uncles who play dolls with persistent nieces; Mischeiveous laughter from impish young cousins;


Grannies who still are so sharp at 89;




These are a few of my favourite things.
Visits from someone that K calls "John Deer";
Cozy game time on a cold winter evening;
Dressup with Mom's shoes, those boys can't do heels;


These are a few of my favourite things.

Daddies with daughters, who love them and tease them; Busy young boys who love snow and snowshoveling;
Toothbrushing children, both theirs and their lamb's;



These are a few of my favorite things.
When the cold comes;
When the kids fight;
When I'm feeling sad;
I simply remember my favourite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

7 comments:

Brian, Erin, Connor & Ty said...

Looks like a wonderful month! I like your post theme... very cute : )

Lj said...

Well done Sus...I had to go thru it a couple times so I could sing along! Fun to see pics of all your family - brings back TBay memories! :D

Unknown said...

SUPER! :) Love the pictures and the song too - your family had fun in December!

meghan said...

Love it!! You are amazing and so is your family! See you Wednesday!

meghan said...

PS - did totally sing along in my head as I was riding with Ryan snoring next to me. It made for a nice melody! hehehe :)

PPS - still on pacific time and can't get to sleep even though it is 1 AM!!

Neisha said...

looks like you had a busy month

Thyme said...

Great post Sue! It made Dad tear up :) He told me I had to go read it... and the counterfieting post! LOL! Summer cousin memories are the best! You'll have to do a post on Schoozle Stories. I still tell them to my kids at bedtime :)